No More Earthy Taste--Beet Chips


Okay I have to admit I am not a fan of beets at all. Simply put, beets are too “earthy" for me. I tried to incorporate it with my daily smoothie routine but things didn’t work out: nothing could counteract its strong taste, even with fruits as fragrant as pineapple and mango. So, did I end up being a non-beet person and give up?

Not that easy. For me, beets are just too healthy to be ignored. A little bit of self-defense here: I am not that obsessed with my weight or figure or anything, I just love finding ways to enjoy good food. By good, I mean, wholesome and fresh, and tasty. Remember I didn’t like kale either? And what changed me? So here they are, beet chips.



Cut beets into thin slices and dry them with kitchen towel.




Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with moderate salt, and bake until hydrated at 300 F. It may take about half an hour to dry them out. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment