Baked Portobello Stuffed With Chicken, Bell Pepper, and Brown Rice

Although I’ve been away from family for a while, I’ve never actually lived alone like I did these days. One thing I noticed is that I am learning to be really cautious about the amount of food I cook. Well I don’t have to if I don’t mind eating the same food for several days in a row...but the truth is, I do care, a lot. I love varieties in my life.

The other thing is, I don’t have a dishwasher in my new apartment anymore and I hate doing dishes--in most cases I avoid it as much as possible, especially when I’m just cooking for myself. 

With all the reasons above, I decided to bake portobello and stuff it with meat and rice--this way I can have grain, meat, and veggies in one meal without washing any dishes. Even better, I was only able to eat one for dinner that day so I froze the other one. Next time when I’m too busy to cook I can just take it out of my freezer and bake. How simple is that?!






Add wine, broth, and/or cream--it’s totally up to you. Stir in salt and black pepper. I happened to have some Alfredo sauce at hand so I used two or three spoons, this way I don’t have to add cream or milk to dense the liquid.




Remove the stem, chop it into little bits, and mix with the chicken/pepper/brown rice. Cook until the brown rice is done otherwise you have to spend a lot of time baking the whole thing.





Stuff the mushroom and bake it at 350 F for 30 mins.



I tried to top it with a barely-cooked egg and give it a bit more moisture. But it turned out the egg was a  little bit too raw for me--next time I’ll go with sunny-side up.


0 comments:

Post a Comment