SalmonMania Episode 2: Roasted Salmon with Lemon Thyme Sauce



Preparing Ph.D applications these days made me realize how lame I am when it comes to planning and turning words into action. I am almost too ashamed to open this site, especially when I see the way I name it: food and more? Really? What did I achieve here except posting some pictures and nagging? I thought I was gonna have plenty of time after graduation and making food storytelling videos--I didn’t; I thought about telling food stories here or associating my cooking with discussions of relevant food topics--I didn’t. Then why am I still feeling like a busy person? Why am I still feeling I don’t have enough time to do things that I want to do? How can some people work a full-time job and go to school at the same time? Maybe it’s time to accept the fact that I am not as super as I thought myself to be, and there are just too many interesting things in life that I want to do but couldn’t do.

Also because of the time restraint, I’ve been trying simple dishes recently--really don’t have that much mood and leisure to try out complicated recipes that require ridiculous long procedures. This lemon sage salmon is so easy to make and don’t even require a cutting board (if you wish). 

Step 1: Cut lemon into half inch slices and top with fresh lemon thyme.


Step 2: Dry salmon steak with paper towel. Rub both sides with moderate amount of sea salt.



Step 3: Roast some of your favorite vegetables along with the steak. I’m a mushroom lover!


Step 4: Bake at 400 F for about 15 minutes. Take the salmon out of the oven and pan-fry it till skin turns crispy and brown. 

Step 5: Put the lemon slices and thyme sprigs in a small pot/add in a few spoons of vegetable stock, one spoon of flour, and one spoon of sour cream/season it with salt and black pepper/ finally reduce the liquid till it thickens.



Step 6: Serve salmon steak along with sauce and roasted vegetable. 









0 comments:

Post a Comment